Lee and I were married on June 23, 2007. We have enjoyed three great years of marraige together in Lexington, KY. I am currently a fourth year medical student and have decided to pursue a career in Anesthesiology. Lee is a Mechanical Engineer. Recently, he passed his professional engineering exam!!! We have a beautiful little yorkie-poo named Isabella. We can not wait until February when our newest addition will arrive. Rex Anderson Johnston is due February 20th!
Monday, November 29, 2010
Thanksgiving run-down
Lee and I had the best time in Paducah spending time with Thanksgiving. We missed our Alabama family, but are looking forward to seeing everyone during Christmas and hopefully this weekend! We ended up leaving on Wednesday morning because Lee had been working so incredibly hard to get a project out in time for the holidays! On Wednesday I was able to spend a bit of time in the kitchen assisting mom in preparing organic pumpkin pie and the other dishes for Thursday's lunch. Thursday we spent the day at Mamaw and Papaw's house with my dad's siblings, my cousins, and their children. It was such a blessed time of fellowship and it was great to see everyone laughing together and enjoying each other. My how things have changed in a period of a few short years! Next time we are there for a Thanksgiving our little boy will be with us. Thanksgiving night we went to see Unstoppable as a family at the theater I had always been told that babies move a lot during movies, but I wasn't prepared for the show that Rex would put on. Friday I got to spend some one on one time with Mom going shopping, registering at Tot n Teen and just enjoying the blessed relationship that we have. Although cliche, during Thanksgiving I couldn't be more thankful for the amazing relationship that I have with my Mom She's my best friend and I hope that I can continue to follow in her amazing footsteps. Lee and I had our maternity photo shoot with Tina, our amazing photographer. I can't wait to see them. Friday evening we had dinner with Grandmother, Grandfather, Mom, Dad, Allyson, Dane, Catherine, Andrew, and Allyson's Mom, Alma and her husband Don. Artisan Kitchen prepared an excellent meal that was enjoyed by all, best part being that we didn't have all of the pots to wash and that mom and I were able to spend the day together rather than her slaving away in the kitchen! We loved spending time with Grandmother and Grandfather and seeing his progress. Saturday the men and Allyson went shooting at the gun range and I took a nap. We also did a bit of Santa shopping with mom. I may be getting some of these details confused. If so, you get the point. Saturday night we were able to celebrate Thanksgiving with what I call my "extended family." Dad prepared a Shrimp, Crab and Sausage boil and it was shared with the Orrs + Jenna, the Hughes, the Duperrieus and of course our lovely family. It was great food and fun again. The night ended with the men laughing in the living room while the women decorated Christmas Cookies. Congrats to Allyson for winning the competition and having the best cookie! Sunday was brief with going to church in the am, a great lunch at the Pasta House and decorating the tree. Enough rambling, I'm thankful for everything that we have been blessed with: the opportunity to become Rex Anderson's parents, my family (that includes Lee's side), my education, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You forgot to mention my epic "victory lap" during Apples to Apples!!
ReplyDelete