By popular request... here are the pics you have all been asking for:
23 weeks + a few days:



Packing for my interview at UAB. Isabella always knows when we are about to hit the road. She decided. We took some pics outside at Lee's parents. Can you tell that our little girl is still the center of our attention. My how her world will change once Rex comes along. She seems to love the little ones in our neighborhood, so hopefully she'll be good with her little brother. And to answer all of the grandparents questions, No, bella will not go home with you after Rex is born. She already responds when I put on the music in the bassinet. I wanted to be sure to get her used to everything.
We loved spending time in Birmingham. My interview went well and we are looking forward to visiting everyone over the holidays. Lee's mom has already set up the nursery in the guest room where we stay, which made it even more real. I love how excited the future grandparents are!
I'm 24 weeks in these pictures:






Here's one during week 25. I was having a rough hair day and minimal makeup, therefore I'm only putting up the belly pic:

AND finally... Week 26 + a 2 days (this week). Note a little pop to the belly button!


A picture that captures it all. We were actually recording Rex moving in this picture. Lee's hand is right where Rex's little feet were. The fact that it captures Lee's delicate touch and excitement so well, made me decided to expose my belly and share this special moment with you all. I love pictures of hands with rings. It serves as a reminder of the promise that we made on June 23, 2007. What a blessed life we have lived so far and we can't wait for the next step together. And of course, I have to comment on bella! She of course is in her favorite spot, her daddy's lap. She loves to cuddle and Lee seems to win the cuddle war. I couldn't have painted a better picture of God's blessings in my life!

Last but not least, Lee and I attended a class last night called little fingers, little toes. It was a review of how to care for a newborn baby: changing diapers, bathing, swaddling, etc. There was a slideshow with normal/abnormal newborn findings and then a pediatrician q&a session. Lee and I were definitely a bit ahead of the game. Seeing as I'm going to be a doctor in a few months, I knew the answers to the basic questions and felt a bit silly by the end of the class. He did a great job and I couldn't help but capture this on camera.

Whoo-whooo -----looking good, mamacita! Thanks for the update; makes it seem more real to us to see how you've progressed!
ReplyDeletelove,kk