Friday, October 8, 2010

Perinatal Ultrasound

Lee and I are so blessed. After much prayer from family and friends, we received the "He's Perfect!" quote from the perinatalogist at our most recent ultrasound. Due to some concern for abnormalities, Rex was looked at very carefully. We had a fetal echocardiogram, which is an assessment of his heart that looks at all of the chambers and valves. The doctor said that it looked great. It was really exciting to see his little heart beating so fast! Also, they took a very thorough look at his brain structure and facial bone structure. His cerebellum is a perfect dumbell shape and I think it looks like he is going to be super smart, judging by the perfection of the brain. The thickened nuchal region that they had seen on the previous ultrasound was simply an error in technique by the previous technician, which had caused us much unnecessary anxiety. He again was moving around a ton and was very difficult to capture. He still doesn't like to look at the camera, but they were able to capture a 3D picture of his little face. I'll try to explain the pictures as best I can. Unfortunately, the cord was right in front of his face which obstructs the view of his little nose. I may be biased, but I think he is the cutest little boy ever! We couldn't be happier.
The pictures:
1. The profile shot:
2. His little face (you can see his eyes, his little hand under his chin):

No comments:

Post a Comment